Merry Christmas, Gramarye!!

The Warlock, the Warlock's Heirs, and the Rogue Wizard.
aeneas
PostsCOLON 16
JoinedCOLON Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:56 pm

Merry Christmas, Gramarye!!

Postby aeneas » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:48 am

Here’s how I imagine a Christmas morning long ago (in the far future) on Gramarye when the Gallowglass children were still young. The family has just opened their presents, and big brother Magnus thrusts and parries with his first real sword and shield. Geoffrey is jealous since he is too young to have real weapons, but he nevertheless delights in his toy wooden knights (real Gramarye elf-made) that magically thrust and parry when brought together. Cordelia admires in the mirror her pretty new dress while cradling a fairy princess doll in her arms (also real Gramarye elf-made). Gregory sits quietly in the corner absorbed with a leather bound edition of The Golden Legend, manufactured by Fess in the lab of Rod’s spaceship. Also, manufactured by Fess are the twinkling lights on the Christmas tree, ones that never go out (Rod is nervous about using candles), much to the amazement of visiting neighbors, and thus furthering the reputation of the High Warlock. Fess himself stands out in the yard wearing the shiny new saddle bought for him by the Gallowglass children (with some help from mom and dad of course). And finally, Lady Gwendolyn admires a new emerald necklace that matches her beautiful eyes, while Rod paces—nay even struts—in his new electric blue cape.
In the kingdom, all is calm, all is bright. Merry Christmas, Gramarye!
cstasheff
PostsCOLON 114
JoinedCOLON Fri May 21, 2010 4:21 pm

Re: Merry Christmas, Gramarye!!

Postby cstasheff » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:36 pm

Thanks, Aeneas. That's a wonderful scene. Couldn't have done it better myself.
aeneas
PostsCOLON 16
JoinedCOLON Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:56 pm

Re: Merry Christmas, Gramarye!!

Postby aeneas » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:23 pm

Coming from you, that's great praise indeed! Just wanted to use that little scene to express all the joy your created worlds have brought me over the last 30 years. Thanks so much!

Return to