Respect and best wishes

The Warlock, the Warlock's Heirs, and the Rogue Wizard.
Arsen
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:13 am

Respect and best wishes

Postby Arsen » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:38 am

Good day, Mr. Stasheff

Let me say You "Thank YOU" for Your masterworks.

Before I decided to write you i again re-read your "The Warlock in Spite of Himself".
Firstly i have read Your super-book in 2003 in russian and i can tell you that i've read it something about 100 times or more. it 's my one of the most favorite book. I surely can put Your " Warlock" and ""Kobold.." in same line with such masterpieces as "Star wars", "GodFather" or "The Count of Monte Cristo"

When i read Your book I really feel myself as Rod Gallowglass, and let me tell You i already found my own Gwendolyn.

Also I wanted to say that there is a very smart sense og humor in Your books

Now I'm going on reading Your other books (also in Russian) and looking for contact You very strongly, of course only if you want it.

I got some ideas, and before write them here i wanted to do it in private way.

Thank You again
sorry if i disturbing You

Best regards,
Arsen
Last edited by 1 on Arsen, edited 0 times in total.
aeneas
PostsCOLON 16
JoinedCOLON Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:56 pm

Re: Respect and best wishes

Postby aeneas » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:46 pm

Allow me to second what Arsen says. Your works are masterworks. There is absolutely no good reason for why all your stuff is not still in bookstores and being republished all the time. You are one of the greats in science fiction and fantasy. And I'll constantly sing your praises to anybody that will listen.
cstasheff
PostsCOLON 114
JoinedCOLON Fri May 21, 2010 4:21 pm

Postby cstasheff » Sun May 04, 2014 7:18 pm

Thank you, Arsen, I'm delighted that you found your own Gwendylon.

My grandparents came from Odessa but didn't meet each other until they came to New York. If I wrote that in a story, I'd be accused of writing urban fantasy -- not that I would mind, of course. I was lucky enough to be able to attend a Russian science fiction convention in 1991; the account of the trip is in an earlier blog post. Hope you keep on enjoying my stories.
cstasheff
PostsCOLON 114
JoinedCOLON Fri May 21, 2010 4:21 pm

Postby cstasheff » Sun May 04, 2014 7:35 pm

Thank you very much, Aeneas. Good TO hear from you. I hope you're enjoying the stories Ortho is publishing here. Hopefully they will shame an ink-and-paper publisher into putting out one of my new-but-unsold manuscripts.
aeneas
PostsCOLON 16
JoinedCOLON Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:56 pm

Postby aeneas » Wed May 07, 2014 4:49 pm

I am indeed enjoying the online stories. So glad you're continuing to write.

Return to