More ebooks?

The world of the Wizard in Rhyme.
mamasylvia
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:45 am

More ebooks?

Postby mamasylvia » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:48 am

I was thrilled to find Her Majesty's Wizard available for Kindle for only $5, which usually means the e-rights have reverted to the author who then releases the ebook below what the greedy publishers charge. Any chance Mr. Stasheff has re-acquired the e-rights to any of the other Wizard in Rhyme or Warlock in Spite of Himself books and we can look forward to more affordable backlist books?
Ortho the Frank
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 248
JoinedCOLON Fri May 21, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: More ebooks?

Postby Ortho the Frank » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:31 pm

As far as I know, the rights for all of his books (with the possible exception of Warlock's Last Ride) have reverted back to him. There are two more Warlock ebooks coming out from Arc Manor at some point in the future, and we'll be producing the Wizard in Rhyme ebooks... but I have a hard time giving firm release dates, we're behind schedule as it is. :shock:

But thanks for the words of encouragement!
Chinabambu
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:11 pm

Postby Chinabambu » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:17 pm

I went through the entire registration process just to add an encouraging comment: I was thrilled to find out that "Her Majesty's Wizard" is available as an ebook, and look forward to being able to get the rest of the Wizard in Rhyme series in electronic format. Thanks for keeping the series alive. I work as a substitute teacher and have recommended these books to several students. :)
cstasheff
PostsCOLON 114
JoinedCOLON Fri May 21, 2010 4:21 pm

Postby cstasheff » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:45 pm

There will be more e-books, Mamasylvia, but we're not sure which ones yet. The Warlock in Spite of Himself is now available from Arc Manor publishers, and they will soon by issuring King Kobold Revived. We're going to issue the Wizard in Rhyme series, but it will take a while -- except for the first one, Her Majesty's Wizard, thanks to one of our readers, Kf6eml (If you haven't read his essay on truck stop coffee, you've missed a bonanza!). We've also published Peter D'Alessio's Uncle Merle's Bar and Grill, which I liked to much I had to talk him into letting us run it. We'll also be publishing his Glass Marines and his novel about the Knights Templar -- both, in my view, excellent. Beyond that, we don't know what comes next, but we're giving you samples on this website -- please let us know what you like!

Thanks for the encouragement!
kf6eml
PostsCOLON 211
JoinedCOLON Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:34 am
LocationCOLON Waldron, IN

Postby kf6eml » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:45 pm

If you want it, I have finished making an epub of The Oathbound Wizard. I can email it to Ortho along with the source .rtf

It has no title page, dedications, or any of that other info that typically goes first.
Ortho the Frank
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 248

Postby Ortho the Frank » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:53 pm

kf6eml, you're a godsend. Yes, please mail it to me, I'll start trying to find a cover artist. Do you still have my email?
kf6eml
PostsCOLON 211

Postby kf6eml » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:19 pm

I do. I sent both files.
kf6eml
PostsCOLON 211

Postby kf6eml » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:42 pm

I could ask my brother if he's interested in trying to make a cover image. He's a pretty good artist.

I may even pull out my old colored pencil set and give it a go, after I get home. (may be a while. I just changed stations, and we have a pretty busy training schedule.)
Ortho the Frank
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 248

Postby Ortho the Frank » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:54 pm

A cover by a fan (or a relative of a fan) would be AWESOME! Do ask your brother, or give it a shot yourself. If neither of you have time, that's cool too, I'm pretty sure Anne Brant (who did the cover for Her Majesty's Wizard) would be willing to do another cover for us.

I got the files you sent, by the way. Thanks!
kf6eml
PostsCOLON 211

Postby kf6eml » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:10 pm

Looking over The Witch Doctor now.

Unfortunately, my RTF copy has some problems, and I don't have a DTF to compare to it, so where words or letters are missing, I have to guess. Also the punctuation seems to have suffered in the conversion from paper to digits and across formats.

I have doubts whether this one will be commercial quality, even when I'm done with it. You'll probably have to go over it again and make sure it's up to our Dear Author's standards.

Return to