More Wizard in Rhyme

The world of the Wizard in Rhyme.
dsyoji
PostsCOLON 6
JoinedCOLON Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:46 am

More Wizard in Rhyme

Postby dsyoji » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:56 am

I am a huge fan of your work and was completely taken in by the Wizard in Rhyme. Have read every book in the series multiple times. Do have any plans of writing more, I hope so. It is an excellent series and would like to read more. It is one of the few series that I enjoy reading rather than listening to as an audiobook.
Ortho the Frank
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 252
JoinedCOLON Fri May 21, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: More Wizard in Rhyme

Postby Ortho the Frank » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:50 pm

I can answer this to a certain extent, and hope Chris doesn't mind (and will chip in too!). He never got to finish the finale of the Wizard in Rhyme series - a last-ditch effort by Satan and his minions to seize control of Europe. It's a BIG story, and might have to be split into two novels. He'd like to publish it traditionally - in a bookstore - but, sadly, no one's offered a contract yet.

In the meantime, we're trying to drum up enough interest and demand for the books through this website, in the hope the publishers will notice. In the meantime, we've got The Apprentice Wizard on this site - which, although it's in the Fan Fiction section, it was written in collaboration with Chris and has his blessing (and I'll finish it soon, I promise!!). After that will be The Dumb Wizard, hopefully released as an ebook someday. And then, if that sells well enough, Chris finally might get a contract for the final book(s).

If all else fails, he'll release the last book on this site - although that could take a long time. Until then, check back here periodically for updates. Thanks!
dsyoji
PostsCOLON 6
JoinedCOLON Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:46 am

Postby dsyoji » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:00 am

Good to know. I will try my best to get others to read the series.
flathaed
PostsCOLON 5
JoinedCOLON Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:29 pm

Postby flathaed » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:35 pm

I would be willing to Purchase the final books chapter by chapter If I had to. I have all of them sitting on my shelf right now and if I read them any more a couple of them might simply fall to pieces. They are the one series of books that I will pick up and start reading when ever I get a spare moment.
cstasheff
PostsCOLON 114
JoinedCOLON Fri May 21, 2010 4:21 pm

Postby cstasheff » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:31 pm

I am planning one more book in the WIZARD IN RHYME series -- all of Matt's enemies come boiling out of the woodwork to attack Merovence at the same time, and drive Matt, Saul, Alisande, and all her people back into Switzerland, where they turn the mountains into a natural castle (though I might switch that to the Basque country). Finally, Sir Guy has to agree to become emperor, and King Hardishane and his paladins wake up and come charging out to defend their descendant. I'm looking forward to writing it, but first I have to finish THE STARSHIP TROUPERS; the last book is almost done.

Thanks for the kind words.
Nexus99
PostsCOLON 6
JoinedCOLON Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:34 am

Postby Nexus99 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:18 pm

I'll be first in line to buy the new book when it publishes!
magoo57
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:05 am

Postby magoo57 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:29 am

No,no no Mr. Stasheff!!!
I love all your novels and it would be hubris for me to tell you how to write your ultimate Wizard in Rhyme book. ..but you know you don't want the Swiss or the Basque helping Matt.
You REALLY want Matt fending off Armageddon in England.In a little town on a small river.
A town named Stratford,on the Avon river.
And as the forces of good fight for what Churchill called "this sacred isle" ,then the giants of this Isle can stand beside Matt. King Arthur,fortold to resurrect when England was facing doom. Robin Hood holding the infantry lines.

And in your novels you always noted that powerful poetry gave powerful magic.So to help defend England,you want to bring in best poetry,the Bard of Stratford-on Avon-William Shakespesare himself.
Matt quotes Biily Boy in every book=states in one that Shakespear couldn't write bad scripts even when he tried(Matt was quoting the Pyramus and Thisby sequence from ]A midsummer's Night Dream ).
So have Saul and Ortho jump realities and get the man you want to have next to Matt.
Thanks for your time
tklein
PostsCOLON 3
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:36 am
LocationCOLON Dayton, OH
CONTACTCOLON

Postby tklein » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:57 am

I have been a huge fan of "Her Majesty's Wizard" ever since I read it, probably not that long after it came out. The scene of Matt in the dream with Hell was really amazing, and if I hadn't been a Christian already, it would have made me get down on my knees and pray! *lol* Your writing has been a true inspiration to me for decades, and I just wanted to say, "Thank you, Mr. Stasheff!" In homage to you, I have used your last name as one of my character's last names (Siena) in my fantasy series that I am currently working on getting published. If you are curious, you can visit the project's website: www.eirinth.com

Thank you so very much for you imaginative interplay of science with fantasy in this series, especially Maxwell's demon and Shakespeare. I adore that and am happy to see that I looked you up in enough time to tell you about your namesake and the series I hope you might enjoy someday, as well as found out about books I haven't read of yours yet plan to now.

God bless ya bunches n bunches and take good care of those cats! TK ^___~
"May Tenrai Daystar shine down on you with blessings beyond sublime dreams!" TK ^___~
tklein
PostsCOLON 3
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:36 am
LocationCOLON Dayton, OH
CONTACTCOLON

Postby tklein » Wed May 08, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi, Mr. Stasheff and Ortho... and Edward if Ortho isn't you *lol*:

I just finished "The Feline Wizard" this week. WOW!!! I reread "Her Majesty's Wizard" (the actual paperback I got in 1986 that I will try to bring next year for you to sign ^___^). I then worked my way through the rest of the series that I have in paperback (except I couldn't find book 2 and ordered the e-book, thank God!). It just got better and better with each story, so I'm a bit astounded with the situation you explained. I've experienced the stupidity of the publishing industry since I've been facing problems with the first book of my series, but for ANY fantasy publisher to not latch onto something by you is absolute insanity! If we have reached the place where people cannot understand the wonders that fill Merovence through the complexity of concepts and alternate history then we are of most men miserable ;___; Please know, Mr. Stasheff, that you are NOT alone in your love of these intelligent integrations! I used your last name for one of my male characters as an homage to you long before I found my way here. I'm sure I'm not the only person your writing has inspired... I'm sure, Sir! When you're in the valley between peaks of accomplishment it's so hard to see the next foothold coming if the mountain pass is enshrouded with the fog of other people's ignorance. Don't let their doubt shadow your faith in destiny. I know I believe in Merovence and I'm not alone! GOD BLESS YOU AND PLEASE KEEP WRITING! Tonja (with a "j") Klein - TK ^___~
"May Tenrai Daystar shine down on you with blessings beyond sublime dreams!" TK ^___~
Pheniox
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Postby Pheniox » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:19 pm

I just wanted to say Mr. Stasheff that your wizard in rhyme series got me interested in poetry 20 years ago. I have all the books and I'm greatly looking forward to what happens in the end with Merovance. I know you are doing all you can to get the story out. I hope to read more soon. Thank you for sharing this vision with us.

Return to