Welcome Posts?

Report any problems or suggestions here.
Albigensia
PostsCOLON 6
JoinedCOLON Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:35 am
LocationCOLON Scottsdale, Arizona
CONTACTCOLON

Welcome Posts?

Postby Albigensia » Tue May 10, 2011 2:33 am

It's such a cliche thing to ask for, but what about a "Welcome" topic, where new members can introduce themselves to the fan community? The profile page is limited in what it can tell you - and there are some members I'd like to hear more about!
“Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.”
pixL
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:15 pm
LocationCOLON Leeds England

Re: Welcome Posts?

Postby pixL » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi Albigensia,
Just joined Cholly's Bar myself. I looked for a 'Welcome' topic in the Announcements.

Strictly speaking, I'm not quite a fan as yet. I'm about to read my first Christopher Stasheff book - King Kobold. But I have a good feeling about this book, and I'm quite sure I'll enjoy it emensely. And besides, this is a really attractive website!

(I first have to finish reading Trader's World, by Charles Sheffield.)

Anyway, hope you are well, and will be seeing ya around boards!
kf6eml
PostsCOLON 213
JoinedCOLON Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:34 am
LocationCOLON Waldron, IN

Postby kf6eml » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:58 pm

Not sure how the server here works, but if, for example, you are having a problem with a lot of spam coming from a particular country, many servers let you blacklist the blocks of IP addresses from that country, either all at once (blackout) or one at a time as the offenders pop up.

Just my 2¢
cstasheff
PostsCOLON 114
JoinedCOLON Fri May 21, 2010 4:21 pm

Postby cstasheff » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:24 pm

I would indeed like to know more about my readers. For the time being, let me know about yourself on the Forum. Ortho has put up a good bio on me, but if there are specifics you'd like to know, just ask. If you're asking for information that's too private, don't worry, I'll tell you I don't want to answer it -- but I may answer what is the underlying question that I think you didn't ask.

Good to meet you, pixL. King K is actually the second book in the series -- you might want to start with THE WARLOCK IN SPITE OF HIMSELF. I'm still proud of Lester del Rey's review, that started with nominating me for the year's worst title award.
tklein
PostsCOLON 3
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:36 am
LocationCOLON Dayton, OH
CONTACTCOLON

Postby tklein » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi! I'm tklein, known as TK or Tonja ^___^ I've been a fan since "Her Majesty's Wizard", and though I'm behind in my reading, I was VERY excited to find this site. I also write, and like I said in my other post, I used your last name, Mr. Stasheff, in homage to you and your work for one of my original characters named Siena. I have a character t-shirt for him since I have commissioned artwork from a character designer for many of the characters in the book and series with a Japanese Anime slant. I designed these shirts and wear them EVERYWHERE *LOL* From the grocery to the library to church, I use them for promotion. I even did a presentation panel at Ohayo Con Anime Convention this year using my book promo with original music I wrote and sang to begin the panel and ended it with another song I sang live - both of these are used in Book 1. You can actually see the promo using the link on my website: www.eirinth.com . Anyone here on the forum is invited as well. I will be trying to catch up on your Wizard in Rhyme series since I am WAY behind ;___: Glad to see you are still writing and even posting here! GOD BLESS YA BUNCHES! TK ^___^
"May Tenrai Daystar shine down on you with blessings beyond sublime dreams!" TK ^___~
RykerFranklin
PostsCOLON 12
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:32 pm

Postby RykerFranklin » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Hello welcome you everyone
cstasheff
PostsCOLON 114
JoinedCOLON Fri May 21, 2010 4:21 pm

Postby cstasheff » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:04 pm

kf6eml, your two cents is always worth a fortune -- thank you. tklein, good to hear from you again. I'm delighted to hear you're doing so much writing yourself. KEEP IT GOING! "You can't call yourself a writer unless you're writing.' (Hemingway, I think, via one of my writing teachers. When I introduced him to Ortho and his sisters, they were not surprised to hear him saying slogans they'd heard from me. Pass them on -- or better yet, put 'em to work!)
RykerFranklin
PostsCOLON 12
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:32 pm

Postby RykerFranklin » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:34 pm

I am not sure but i am also have this problem.I think you should check IP address.
Ortho the Frank
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 252
JoinedCOLON Fri May 21, 2010 3:57 pm

Postby Ortho the Frank » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:32 pm

What problem are you having, RykerFranklin?
Alysha50
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Postby Alysha50 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:34 pm

I think this is the best place to introduce myself. But I am confused for Forum Privacy policy. If this is the wrong place then sorry for that. By the way I am a newbie here and I wan to enjoy with others and want to share knowledge with all of my friends. Hope this will be a long journey. Thanks.

Return to