Vote on which secondary story to run!

Report any problems or suggestions here.

Which story would you rather read on this website?

Financial Freedom
60%
Boozy Banshee
40%

Total votesCOLON 5
Ortho the Frank
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 252
JoinedCOLON Fri May 21, 2010 3:57 pm

Vote on which secondary story to run!

Postby Ortho the Frank » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:31 pm

I'm not quite sure what to run as the secondary (ie, non-Christopher Stasheff) story on the website - so I figured I'd let the audience choose!

We've got two options, at the moment:

1) Financial Freedom by Edward Stasheff and Marcus Johnston, sci-fi with comedic undertones. Set in the same universe as Prayer for the Technocrats, about a feline alien businesscat trying to keep his race free and independent, get the girl, and make money.

2) The Boozy Banshee of Brannock-A-Bend by Peter D'Alessio, a contemporary comedy about two retired NFL players, moonshine, and tipsy ghosts.

If you can't decide yet, don't worry, we'll run the first two chapters of each story over the next month, so you can sample each. You can also change your vote later on if you change your mind.

Thanks!
Ortho the Frank
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 252
JoinedCOLON Fri May 21, 2010 3:57 pm

...and it's a tie?

Postby Ortho the Frank » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Hmm. Well, trying to get audience feedback on what they wanted next didn't really work, since we ended up with a tie. So for now, we'll run both. I'll try to post a new chapter of Boozy Banshee every week. Financial Freedom will be the "backup" - I'll try posting a chapter a week, but it can be preempted if we need to post other stuff any given week.

ANOTHER QUESTION:
It occurs to me that we're currently doing three serial novels, which can be hard to follow if you haven't been reading since the beginning. It's been a while since we've done short stories. Would you guys, the readers, prefer more short stories instead of serial novels?
kf6eml
PostsCOLON 213
JoinedCOLON Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:34 am
LocationCOLON Waldron, IN

Re: Vote on which secondary story to run!

Postby kf6eml » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:14 pm

I like them all.
Plus, you can go back to previous days to start the series from the beginning.

Return to