Wizard Required

Review and discuss fan fiction short stories.
puddley
PostsCOLON 9
JoinedCOLON Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:26 pm

Re: Wizard Required

Postby puddley » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:51 am

:roll: I hate to be a pest, but is the last part of The Apprentice Wizard ever going to see the light of day? It's now been close to three years since the last installment. IYou said a year ago that you needed (or wanted) to do a major rewrite before it became a ebook, but I sure that I'm not the only one who'd like to see the end of the story.

Thanks,

John D.
Ortho the Frank
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 252
JoinedCOLON Fri May 21, 2010 3:57 pm

Postby Ortho the Frank » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:38 pm

No, you're right; a good kick in the pants is probably what I need. Unfortunately, I've bitten off more than I can chew at the moment, with many higher-priority projects that need to be completed first. In order of importance:

1. Continuing to find content for stasheff.com (updates have slowed from once a week to once or twice a month)
2. Continue to convert & release Chris's backlist to ebook format (with a goal of 3-4 ebooks a year)
3. Finish editing and publishing Predatory Practices
4. Editing and publishing Pete D'Alessio's anthology of short stories
5. Edit and publish Pete's newest book Swithun's-on-the-Thames
6. Edit and publish Starship Troopers 4
7. Finish writing Apprentice Wizard
8. Finish writing Following Vincent

Every time I knock something off the top of the list, another new high-priority project always seems to pop up and take its place (Pete in particular is very prolific). As you can see, I've gotten myself into a situation where my own writing tends to take lower priority, and consequently I never seem to get back to it.

Do you guys, as fans, think I need to change the priorities? Are you willing to wait longer for ebook editons of Chris's backlist? Accept fewer updates on the website? Would you rather I give Apprentice Wizard top priority?
kf6eml
PostsCOLON 213
JoinedCOLON Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:34 am
LocationCOLON Waldron, IN

Postby kf6eml » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:24 pm

Hey, you have to do what you have to do to pay the bills.
Just the fact that you get on here occasionally is more than we get from most authors. It is appreciated, though I wish more of the fans would find the place...

I like all the free stuff, but I do feel a bit guilty that I haven't had the time to help with the e-book conversion project.
I just got re-stationed from Hawaii to Georgia, so the move has been taking up a lot of my attention for the last several months.
puddley
PostsCOLON 9
JoinedCOLON Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:26 pm

Postby puddley » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:58 pm

:twisted: hello again. I'm back. The pest who has been pestering you for the conclusion to "The Apprentice Wizard". Maybe this year?
Gith
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:16 pm

Postby Gith » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:24 pm

I have read what there is of the story, and I would like to read more. Is there any chance of that happening?
Ortho the Frank
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 252

Postby Ortho the Frank » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:54 pm

You know, if I don't give myself a deadline, I'll never finish it. So I'll take your advice and aim for getting it done by the end of the year. With any luck, I'll be done in time for Christmas. Thanks for the encouragement!
magdalene74
PostsCOLON 10
JoinedCOLON Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:19 pm

Postby magdalene74 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:04 pm

Ortho the Frank wroteColonYou know, if I don't give myself a deadline, I'll never finish it. So I'll take your advice and aim for getting it done by the end of the year. With any luck, I'll be done in time for Christmas. Thanks for the encouragement!

Alright...five months.. clocks tickin ;) I dont know who Pete is, so for me the priorities are, Your father's ebooks (especially Spellbound Scholar, Crusading Wizard, and Starship Troopers 1 and 2, ) the rest of ortho's story, then whatever else you need to do ;) Though i would gladly read any other works you or Dr. Stasheff (feels weird to type that, he's only been my best friend since childhood... right up there with C.S. Louis... and i can and do read Dr. Stasheff's books many more times over than Mr. Louis') can come up with, anytime :). Speaking of which, where would i find these books of yours you mention?

Ive been being quiet and patient.. and caught up in my own writing, though its not in these worlds so not your fanfic ;) (you don't as of yet have an active PBEM role playing group... do you?) And... i think we need another generation of Witches and Warlocks.... And frankly, i would be thrilled no matter whether the author's first name started with a C or an E :) If you, Edward, don't like playing with your father's main characters... Toby could use a few good books :) Methinks he doesnt get near enough air time hehe.
Ortho the Frank
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 252

Postby Ortho the Frank » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:55 pm

Well, Magdalene, you'll be happy to hear that Crusading Wizard will be released as an ebook very soon - better yet, as a "revised and expanded" version.

There's no PBEM game set in Chris's worlds that I know of, but you're free to start one if you want. I'm sure both dad and I would be interested in reading it.

Chris has toyed with creating a new generation of Warlocks - specifically, Cordelia and Alain's child. Whether he'll ever write it, though, I can't say for sure.

Alas, the only book I have out so far is "Predatory Practices," which you can find here:

[url]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V0I2BR6/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B00V0I2BR6&link_code=as3&tag=christassoffi-20&linkId=JXEVQ5NGWE4NYZNF
[/url]

Again, thanks for the encouragement!
kf6eml
PostsCOLON 213
JoinedCOLON Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:34 am
LocationCOLON Waldron, IN

Postby kf6eml » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:17 am

You know, the Good Doctor seems to be such a natural storyteller - I'm not sure whether he's actually a true bard or just a very good/practiced writer - perhaps he could just voice-record all of the stories that run through that magnificent brain.
I understand that he has some difficulty typing, lately, but you don't seem to suffer from that, Ortho. In fact, you seem rather good at it.
With him narrating, and you writing the final copy, Dr. S could easily be just as prolific as ever, possibly for many years to come.

Just a thought.
Ortho the Frank
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 252

Postby Ortho the Frank » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:52 pm

That actually has occurred to me, and something I'd like to try.

At the moment, dad is still in Illinois, but I'm out in California for a year. Once I move back to the midwest, I can give that a try. Thanks!

Return to